Friday 30 August 2013

Testing my stash

A few months ago I signed up for the Scrappy Trip Around the World Bee and duly sent off my blocks for the first round. As I enjoyed making the blocks so much, even with the planned and unplanned seam ripping, I carried on making blocks that ended up in a quilt for my son and his fiancee.



Round 2 of the STAW Bee kicked off at the beginning of this month so we were allocated a new set of swap partners, with a whole new set of fabric likes and dislikes! This round the brief for the blocks in my hive ranged from jewel tones to low volume with bright and fun thrown in for good measure :)


Scrappy Rd 2 Block 1

Scrappy Rd 2 Block 3
I hope these fit the bill!
Scrappy Rd 2 Block 5Scrappy Rd 2 Block 2

Scrappy Rd 2 Block 4






They were certainly a real test of my stash fabrics!




So with all of my blocks for this round done and dusted, another box can be ticked on my list! 

If you have joined a Bee for the first time this month or tried a new block then don't forget to link up to 


the Link Party is open until August 31st

Linking this finish to Crazy Mom Quilts

Confessions of a Fabric Addict


My Quilt Infatuation



19 comments:

  1. Quite the variety of blocks! Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for a big tick off your list! These are lovely blocks - I think I like the greeny one and the aqua/red one the best. Do you get a set of 6 tripalong blocks back in your own colourway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in your hive! I love doing these blocks, takes me out of my colour comfort zone at times which is a good thing to do

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh I must get round to starting one, Im using strips from FQR. Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good Pippa, will look forward to seeing your blocks.

      Delete
  5. Very nice, Fiona! You've inspired me to get back at my own Scrappy Trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks! It's amazing how they all look so different :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wide variety of color and all so fun!! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made my first bottled rainbow block, but it's a secret, so don't tell, okay? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some fabulous fabrics in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love the green / aqua one! What colours have you asked for this time?

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy!!!! i love the scrapped round the world quilts

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blocks all look great, but I love 2nd and 3rd from the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous blocks. Thanks for the inspiration I need to get my block started.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think these look brilliant, and I love the different colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, I am having fun digging through my stash to fit the wishes of my fellow swappers :)

      Delete
  15. Very pretty blocks! I love how they are the same design, but the different color combinations make them look so different! Great fabric selections!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm doing a Trips with Oh Deer! and I love it. I thought using a fabric collection would be too matchy but it works because of the block design. I really like your purple and orange blocks!! I bet the finished products will be lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...